Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday 18th April 2012 - By Jenny Ganderton

Arrived yesterday in JGP (Jenny Ganderton's Plane) in drizzle. It was nice and sunny in Cowra when I left. However my purpose was to get my car and trailer "pink slipped" and I achieved that. Wasn't expecting to fly today, thinking the drizzle would persist, but actually it turned out to be quite a nice day.

Ian asked if I would tow, and since I hadn't flown the tug for some time, I jumped at the chance. I seem to remember how to do it fortunately.

After a check flight in IUR, Allan Munro flew the Junior for an hour and a half. Then I launched Matthew Atkinson in Discus at about 12.30 He flew for 3 and a quarter hours and went over to the edge of the Pillager Scrub somewhere. Hopefully he'll post his flight on the OLC tomorrow, and we'll be able to see. He said the cloudbase was about 5500 ft, and he had a couple of low saves, but he got back OK.

After he landed, the sky went very black, and there was some rain.

The forecast is for showers again for the rest of the week - could mean lots of good lift and cumulus - you've got to be optimistic!

Enjoyed flying the tug again!!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment