Monday, February 27, 2012

Keepit Regatta - Last Day

Unfortunately the last day was grey and overcast - we had a Q & A talk with Jonny Durand, the Australian National Hang Gliding Champion, for the past 10 years. He is learning to fly sailplanes at Lake Keepit after the Hang Gliding State Titles at Mt Borah have finished.

After some thought a run task was set - 1.5 hours.

I looked at the weather and decided that if I didn't fly home to Cowra on Saturday, I probably wouldn't be able to make it for several more days, so unfortunately I missed the wind up dinner at the Dircks'. Someone else will have to blogg that.

Some gliders launched and did manage to soar, but I don't think anyone made it around the task. I flew with Nick Singer in his and Wendy Medlicott's Jabiru, as he needed a BFR - after which I packed up and flew home. There were a few showers to dodge, and a big patch of rain near Dubbo that I was able to avoid - but blue and sunny back home.

Despite the somewhat less than ideal weather, the Regatta was a great event - and everyone had a good time, and put on kilos owing to the good food. Eating together in the evenings and having a good yarn about the day made it very enjoyable. And we all learned from the experience.

I think Todd Clark and Matthew Atkinson won - they certainly did a good job of staying together.

Signing Off
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment