Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Keepit Regatta - Wednesday 22 Feb

 Launch Marshal Harry Potts in full regalia - somewhat under-employed!
 Ian Barraclough and Chris Bowman watching the world go by
Pilots on the grid  - adrenaline flowing just waiting for the order to scramble??











As you can see from the pictures, the sky was grey and not much happened. However we did have a very interesting talk from Bruce Taylor this morning, who took questions from the floor - mostly about trying to find patterns and energy lines.

Another run task was called, and most pilots did grid, but although there were some wispy cu under the overcast, the air felt very dead on the ground, 

Allan Buttenshaw and Dave Shorter took a launch each - they didn't come straight down, but they did come down. I think Dave managed about 40 minutes but didn't venture away from the field.

However the winch came out, and there were lots of launches in the Puchatek. Harry Medlicott drove the winch all day.

Not sure who flew  but I think Vic, Allbuts and Bob Dircks were among those who threw themselves up into the sky. 

I would have joined them, but instead, spent the afternoon fixing a slow puncture in my plane - at least actually Geoff Sim did all the work, and I assisted by making cups of tea. Many thanks to Geoff - I am very grateful to him for his hard labour!

When all the tools were put away, I went up to the winch and watched the last launch - its a while since I drove it and I wanted to refresh my memory. Its been left out in case anyone wants a go in the morning.

Nobody would have bothered flying on aerotow - but I think we had plenty of winch launches.  It's good to keep current just in case - and fun too.

Well I have to go and have yet another superb three course meal now, so won't write any more until tomorrow!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment